Sunday 6 April 2014

My new Vitamix Professional Series 750

When I was successful at this years UK Yoga Asana Championships I won a £500 prize.  My aim was to buy a Vitamix.  I make green juice almost daily and have wanted a Vitamix for a long time, our then current blender was failing to actually do the job of blending, we had a lovely juicer but i prefer blending.  I decided to wait a few months till i purchased my Vitamix so i could get a deal at the Be:Fit expo show.  My prize money could easily have been spent on rent after I wiped out my bank account paying for annual's for Bikram yoga whilst also trying to cut down on work to prepare for internationals (epic fail as i have now run out of money and need to work more than ever!).  But I stuck to my guns, my money was for a Vitamix and a Vitamix I would get!

At the Be:Fit show i was then presented with an additional dilemma.  Do I want the ordinary Vitamix or the newer edition 750 which was a bit more expensive but had features i liked more.  I had to think it over for a while.  I decided that if i was spending so much money anyway i'd just buy the more expensive one.  It has a shorter but wider jug, specific settings for what you are making (juice/soup/ice cream/paste/clean mode) as well as the 1-10, and is apparently 40% quieter than a normal Vitamix.  The deal I got was an extra (smaller) jug for free.

I think I made a good choice, especially because at 40% quieter it is still mighty loud, my housemates still hate how loud it is so i dread to think how loud a normal Vitamix is.  I also like the jug being shorter and wider.  And i love that i can just put it to it's mode eg.soup mode, leave it, and when i come back my soup is perfectly ready.  After a busy day chucking everything in (i rarely follow a recipe) and then 5mins later having a warm fresh homemade soup ready for consumption is AMAZING!!!!

My diet this week has been very liquidised.  I am enjoying making everything :-)

Everyone (who doesn't have a Vitamix themselves) is like OMG at how much it cost me, but i happily spent all that money, which was mostly prize money, and I love love love my queen of blenders.  I thoroughly recommend the Vitamix 750  :-)

 



No comments:

Post a Comment