Sunday 9 February 2014

My First Yoga Trip

I have just got back from my first yoga trip away, and it was amazing :-)

Yoga trips often conjure up images of a nice relaxing retreat to somewhere by a beach where you do yoga, relax, and sunbathe.  My yoga trip was a little bit different to this.  Instead of sunshine and beaches I was in Prague - a beautiful city and about 0 degrees with snow.  Instead of a nice relaxing trip i had full on intensive yoga asana training each day.  It was awesome :-)

Each day began with Bikram beginners class.  We then had sessions with 4 world champion yogis - Dev Kapil, Juan Manual Martin Busutil, Ky Ha, and Gloria Suen, plus compulsory posture training with Tereza Bonnet-Senkova.

We covered many many things over the course of the weekend and I learnt so much my head and body were filled and buzzing with new asanas and tips and progress on my existing asanas.  I achieved much and learnt much.  What a thoroughly enjoyable and amazing weekend :-)

Below is a little picture montage of me and my friends during out Prague trip.

Next weekend is the yoga asana championships, I am competing and look forward to demonstrating my asanas.  I have no expectations of myself or of others, and my main aim on the day is to keep calm and enjoy it.  What will be will be.


No comments:

Post a Comment